Matchbox Cineclub are looking for collaborators for an upcoming screening or film event! We want to help encourage more pop-up/independent screenings in Glasgow and Film Hub Scotland have supported us to organise co-screenings this year. We have a small budget that will go towards film licences, venue considerations and marketing.
So far this year, we’ve teamed up with Venom Mob Film Club (Shogun Assassin), Backseat Bingo (Under The Cherry Moon) and Sad Girl Cinema (watch this space!). We’re now opening the doors to any and all pitches for a one-off event.
Anyone is welcome to pitch. However, we will prioritise the following*:
- Start-up film clubs/series (or otherwise dormant ones)
- Young programmers (18-25)
- Programmers/groups from BAME backgrounds
- Films and/or events that fit our general focus on cult film, not-on-DVD/Blu-Ray/VoD/Streaming/General Release and/or recently screened locally (and yet dead good)
- Films and/or events with a compelling extra element
What’s in it for you? Apart from covering costs, you’ll get the benefit of Matchbox’s reach/platform/design etc to hopefully launch your own screening series, as well as any advice, expertise and connections we can pass on.
If you have an idea, we’re looking for a short paragraph of no more than 100 words explaining your pitch, with reference to film title(s), guests or other elements, and why your screening is worthwhile. NB “X is an awesome film” probably won’t get too far.
All pitches to email@example.com, with the subject line “Pitch”. Any queries likewise.
- Closing date for entries is Friday 14th June.
- The screening will likely but not necessarily take place in September, as part of the Scalarama programme. Date and venue TBC/up for discussion.
- Any ticket sales will be managed through our online shop. Proceeds from the screenings will be split equally between Matchbox Cineclub and the successful pitchers.
- Please don’t pitch us on film festivals à la KeanuCon, Cage-a-rama or Weird Weekend, or any related screenings.
- We’re not responsible in the unlikely event that you randomly pitch us on a screening or an event that we already have lined up but haven’t yet announced. We’d never, ever steal an idea, but coincidences do happen.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we already have a very long list of films and events we’d like to programme.
- If you have an idea that’s just too good to share, please feel free to get in touch separately for advice on how to set up your own screening.
- We will do our best to respond and give feedback (if requested) on all pitches, but we can’t guarantee it.
- If you’re an established organisation looking to work with us, best just email us separately – we’re always open to collaboration.
*Because we want to, not because it’s a condition of the funding. NB complaining about this is a useful way to disqualify yourself and your pitch 🙂